Instructions

Living

Chiayi City: Another Way of Living

This exhibition is a distillation of Chiayi City's “perfect-simple” character, and brings out the charming lifestyle of this small city from three aspects: speed, time, and scale. In collaboration with several designers who have deep ties with Chiayi, the exhibition leads visitors to explore Chiayi in-depth and rethink what an ideal life should be.

Ordinary Editorial Room

In-between

Factory in the Middle

The “Factory in the Middle” is the old name of the venue which can be traced back to the period of Taiwan under Japanese rule. It presents the past, present, and future of Chiayi through a combination of exhibition, sales, and offline activities. Come and experience the design aesthetics of this city. Witness the energy of design in urban governance, and brainstorm about what else designs can bring to Chiayi City.

Ordinary Editorial Room

Expectation

Re: Chiayi A New Message from Chiayi

Based on the resources and wisdom from the past, the exhibition aims to present how these resources have ceaselessly provided today’s Chiayi an uplifting energy and how such characteristics of Chiayi will continue supporting sustainable living that ushers in our coexistence with nature. The 5% of Chiayi’s design is enough to influence the view of living of the rest 95% of Taiwan.

Grow Architecture

Studio++

Daydream

Tectonics of Bamboo - New Dimension

This exhibition, constructed on the forest railway, explores the traces of the bamboos. We lead out the novel and unique characters through the structures of the bending and humble bamboos. The “TECTONICS OF BAMBOO - NEW DIMENSION, '21” explores the creation of natural bamboo structures and finds new spatial dimensions through the everchanging possibilities of structural mechanics.

Taiwan Bamboo Society

A.S studio

Hospitality

Jail Hostel

The youth hostel is usually the first destination for travelers to explore a city. By tracing the city’s exterior beauty illustrated in the tour guide, they come to appreciating the “interior” heritage of the city. The opening of the “Jail Hostel” serves as a revitalization of cultural & heritage venue, a reflection on urban values, a link between people and the land, and a reversal of existing stereotypes. Welcome to the Jail Hostel and learn more about the differences between the interior and the exterior of Chiayi.

Taiwan Field School

Concentric Design& Film

Spirit of Home Next: Memory of Home

Chiayi City: Another Way of Living

Factory in the Middle

Re: Chiayi A New Message from Chiayi

Tectonics of Bamboo - New Dimension

Jail Hostel